DEWALT 20V MAX XR Chainsaw
BLACK+DECKER LCS1020 20V Max
Makita XCU03PT1 18V X2
CRAFTSMAN V20 Cordless Chainsaw
Greenworks 40V 16-Inch Cordless Chainsaw
If you are a woodworker, you know the struggle of cutting trees with an ordinary saw. You can cut a tree effortlessly by using a chainsaw. In this article, you will get to know about cutting a tree on the ground with a chainsaw. A chainsaw is an essential tool for cutting trees and woods. This consumes less time and effort.
A chainsaw is cutting equipment that is driven by power. It is a handy tool to cut trees and wood or any hard surfaces. It is a movable tool. A chainsaw cuts through the woods with its blades after starting. An ordinary saw requires much labor to cut trees, but with a chainsaw, you don’t have to put extra labor.
Varieties of chainsaw
There are different kinds of chainsaws. You have to choose your chainsaw according to your need and preferences. There are rechargeable battery-powered chainsaws, electric chainsaws. Electric chainsaws are comparatively less hassle-free to use.
There are also gas-powered chainsaws. For heavy-duty work like cutting a fallen tree under tension, an electric chainsaw or gas-powered chainsaw will work the best. I prefer using an electric chainsaw because of its easy usage technique and high power to cut, and it is one of the best chainsaws for woodworkers. Choose your chainsaw considering the size and power that you need.
Why should you use a chainsaw?
When you start using a chainsaw, you are going to love it. This tool eases all the pains and labor of cutting trees manually. If you are wondering how to cut up a large tree on the ground, a chainsaw is right there for you. Here are a few reasons why you should use a chainsaw:
- Saves your time: Using a chainsaw can save you a lot of time. You can do other works during this time.
- More power: Cutting trees with an ordinary saw can be hectic and time-consuming. Whereas, if you use a chainsaw, you will be surprised by its power of cutting through the woods.
- Simple to use: A chainsaw is very easy and effortless to use. Especially if you buy an electric chainsaw, you will need no extra labor.
- Lightweight: An old and regular saw is often so heavy that you face fatigue while using it. But a chainsaw is very lightweight. You will feel very comfortable while using it.
- Doesn’t make noise: A regular saw can make monotonous sounds. But a chainsaw makes less noise in comparison to that.
5 Steps on How to cut a tree on the ground with a chainsaw?
Without any further delay, let’s know the steps of cutting a tree with a chainsaw. You can follow these steps even if you are looking for ways on how to cut a partially fallen tree. Let’s get started:
- Mark your tree: First of all, you have to select the tree that you want to cut. After that, mark the place in its body where you want to cut it from. You can use any paint as your choice to mark, but spray paints work the best.
- Start cutting the tree: Start cutting the tree from an angle. If you go parallelly, it will bounce off and injure you. You have to make your chainsaw horizontal from the angle slowly and steadily.
- Cut slow: Don’t force the chainsaw. Cut through the wood slowly. When you force it, it will delay more. Moreover, you will harm yourself. If you try to cut through fast, the chainsaw will bump off and cut yourself.
- Rotate the tree: After cutting half of the tree aside, rotate it. Then again, start cutting it from the other side. This can give you quick and perfect work. If you are willing to know how to cut a large tree trunk with a chainsaw, you can follow this step. It may take a little more time than usual for a large trunk. But it will work fine.
- Repeat the process: Repeat the same steps for other logs until you are done.
Chainsaw cutting techniques are very easy, right? Anyone can cut trees using a chainsaw. But caution is needed while working with chainsaws. Chainsaws are most likely to cause injuries if you are not careful enough.
Things to consider while using a chainsaw
If you are not cautious while using a chainsaw, it can cause serious injuries. Along with getting to know about cutting a tree on the ground with a chainsaw, you should know about the safety measures too. There are few things to consider for keeping yourself safe from injuries.
For instance, you should buy protective items of clothing for using a chainsaw. Every year, about 36 thousands of accidents are caused by chainsaws. But being careful can save you from these injuries. You can wear helmets, goggles, cut protection gloves, and slip-resistant equipment.
Another thing is, you should always cut below your abdomen. If you start to cut over your head or too low from your body, it will be hard for you to reach. This can cause accidents. Besides, always keep your eyes open while working with a chainsaw. A little abstraction can bring serious injuries. Always fully concentrate while you are working.
In addition, you should never cut with the front side of a chainsaw. Cut with the middle of the blade to avoid injuries. You can keep a first aid box nearby. By doing that, you can treat yourself immediately if any unfortunate occurrence happens.
A chainsaw helps you to cut your trees effortlessly. This is the most accessible tool ever to use. If you follow all the steps correctly, you will become a fan of this tool. Now that you have acknowledged cutting trees on the ground with a chainsaw, you will be able to cut down your trees without much hardship.
Even if you are not a woodworker, you may need to cut trees. Trees can fall in your yard because of storms, or natural calamities. So, it’s best to always stay prepared for the worst.
On the other hand, during winter, you may need to cut wood for your fireplace. A chainsaw is an essential tool for everyone. Apart from this, this tool has made cutting trees very uncomplicated. Apply these techniques, and cut the tree painlessly!
You Might Be Interested In: